HomeBound began in August 2016 as a Christmas project. However, the feedback was so abundant that the program quickly grew into what will soon be a Chattanooga city-wide non-profit.
What We've Achieved
- So far, we have raised enough books and supplies to provide three elementary schools with bookshelves.
- We have an official installment in East Ridge Elementary as of March 2nd, 2017.
- On February 28th we received our first grant from the UNFoundation that will fund our next three schools.
- Our goal is to be in nine schools by the end of 2017.
- The Community Foundation of Greater Chattanooga heard about our annual goal and agreed to match our grant from Causeway.
- On June 7th, Lizard Thicket Boutique allowed us to participate in their "We Give Wednesday" and we received $2,400!
- We have paired with seven local businesses as book "drop-off" locations.
- We continue setting up meetings and speaking with people to build and focus on Chattanooga's literacy as a whole.
- We are in the process of becoming an official 501c3 Non-Profit.
- As of April 2017, Causeway has agreed to be our fiscal sponsor while we continue the official 501c3 process.
- On Wednesday May 10th we installed our second shelf at Brown Academy.
- The weekend of May 19th we partnered with Barnes and Noble and received a $500 gift card to buy brand new books.